Monday, May 8, 2017

[2017.05.09] MICHELLE WAI "BUSTS A BOTTLE OVER PAKHO CHAU WITHOUT MERCY


Michelle Wai and Pakho Chau have established trust
courtesy of on.cc
Pakho Chau is a human punching bag for Michelle Wai
courtesy of mingpao.com

In the film 77 HEARBREAKS (YUEN LEUNG TA 77 CHI) Michelle Wai Sze Nga played an important character, a very ambitious girl who was between Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin and Pakho Chau. In one scene Pakho Chau got her very mad, in a rage she went into the ring and "busted a bottle" at him. She was very worried that she would truly hurt him. "Earlier we rehearsed many times already, but because I was afraid that I would use too much force during rehearsal I didn't dare to do it for real. The result however was less than ideal. Pakho instead told me not to worry about him, just directly hit him on the head like he was an enemy. Then I said to him with a smile that I would help myself. When the cameras rolled, everyone performed professionally and the director accepted the shot in one take."

Working with Wai Sze Nga again, Pakho felt that they had chemistry and felt that he should trust his co-star. "Earlier for a movie we already did it once, the story required me to hit my co-star hard. I was afraid of hurting the co-star and didn't dare to perform for real. However the co-star instead gave me encouragement and confidence, so I was able to perform at ease. Because of that experience, I told Michelle that she would be more comfortable and the result would be better. Of course this was not the first time I worked with Michelle. We have also gradually built a bond. I also trusted her very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment