Thursday, August 25, 2016

[2016.08.26] KARA WAI SINGS FOR HER NEW FILM

courtesy of singtao.com
Carlos Chan does not mind that Kara Wai constantly yells at him.  He even wants to become her disciple

Kara Wai does not think much of herself as a singer but still challenges herself
courtesy of on.cc

The film HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR) will open September 8th officially. Lead actress Kara Wai Ying Hung not only learned from her mother and played the Alzheimer's disease patient "Aunt Fun" in aging make up, but also sang for the first time in a movie. She appeared as a lounge singer and sang the classic song I FOUND MYSELF.

Sister Hung was very nervous after learning that she had to sing. She said, "Before the shoot I was very careful with protecting my vocal cord. When I spoke I spoke softly, and I went to a singing teacher for 10 lessons in hopes that I wouldn't embarrass myself." Although Sister Hung's singing was praised and the director even wanted to release a film soundtrack, Sister Hung shook her head and said that it would be very embarrassing. She said, "Actually I have always had a hearing problem, so in comparison to the average people I can't hear certain frequency very clearly. In addition music isn't my profession. Even when some advanced screening viewers thought I sang pretty well, I didn't dare to believe them......I hope when the film will be officially released, more people after seeing and hearing it would feel it was OK. Then I would consider releasing a record!"

No comments:

Post a Comment