Sunday, August 14, 2016

[2016.08.15] SEAN LAU SAYS COMEDY IS HARD TO MAKE

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com


Shaun Tam receives support from his wife, mother and father Ti Lung
Kathy Yuen and Ken Hung
courtesy of on.cc

The Nicholas Tse Ting Fung and Sean Lau Ching Wan starred new film HEARTFALL ARISES (GAING SUM POR) two nights ago held its premiere. Director Wu Binru, actors Ava Liu (Yu Kiu), Babyjohn Choi Hong Yik and Shaun Tam Chun Yin attended. Ti Lung and his wife Tao Man Ming, daughter in law and Tam Chun Yin's wife Yann Yam Chi Yin also attended. Faye Wong's birthday was August 8th. Some said that Ting Fung went to Phuket to celebrate with her, which two nights ago he smiled and denied. Ting Fung worked with Ching Wan for the second time. Ching Wan praised Ting Fung as more mature than before. "This time the production went smoothly, usually we finished with just one take. I have questioned my own acting, when I got home I thought about it for most of the night." Ting Fung said, "I asked for another take because I wasn't as certain as the director. Although I played a cop, it was different from previous police characters. I had more dramatic scenes." Ching Wan said that after the new film he had to rest a little and take a break from action film. Would he make another comedy? He said, "Making a comedy is even scarier, the definition of funny depends on personal experience. If the audience doesn't laugh the cinema would be without laughter, I would be very scared. There is a thin line between funny or not." Ting Fung also agreed that comedy was hard to make and no one has ever asked him to work on a comedy. He said, "Being funny is very hard, even harder than jumping from the 40th floor. You have to lead the audience's emotions, from silence to cracking up is really very hard. I really can't."

Both Best Actors have become interested in cooking in recent years. Did they exchange cooking tips? Ching Wan said, "I don't know how to cook, I only like to shop at the market, to get an understanding of market trends, to know how th world is now."

Speaking of Faye Wong's birthday last week, did Ting Fung cook for her? He said, "I don't know telling."

No comments:

Post a Comment