Friday, November 27, 2015

[2015.11.28] KARA WAI AND IRENE WAN VIE FOR MACAU BEST ACTRESS

courtesy of singtao.com
TO THE FORE Eddie Peng
TWO THUMBS UP Francis Ng
courtesy of mingpao.com
Carlos Chan and Kara Wai give touching performance
Kara Hui receives a Best Actress nomination for HAPPINESS
LOVE IN LATE AUTUMN's Irene Wan receives a Best Actress nomination
Patrick Tam, Irene Wan
courtesy of on.cc

The 7th Macau International Film Festival announced its nominations. Many films that Emperor Motion Pictures invested and distributed were nominated. TO THE FORE (POR FUNG) received Best Actor and Actress nominations for Eddie Peng Yu-Yan and Wang Luodan. The other Best Actor nominees included TWO THUMBS UP (CHUNG FUNG CHEH)'s Francis Ng Chun Yu and THE KID FROM THE BIG APPLE's Ti Lung.

Best Actress nominee for HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR), Kara Wai Ying Hung could not hide her emotions. "It's very hard to describe how I feel, I want to thank the Macau International Film Festival. At the same time I want to thank a jury of professionals who recognize me." Irene Wan Bik Ha's LOVE IN LATE AUTUMN (OI JOI SUM CHAU) also brought her a Best Actress nomination. Being the film's producer and investor as well, she said after receiving the good news, "I am very happy to hear the news. New director Lam Ka Wai did very well, I hope he would get a new director nomination too." Carlos Chan Ka Lok with HAPPINESS competed for Best Supporting Actor. "The nomination to me is already a huge encouragement, giving a shot of confidence to my film future."

No comments:

Post a Comment