Thursday, July 30, 2015

[2015.07.31] RONALD CHENG IS PRAISED FOR HIS ORAL SKILLS

Ronald Cheng says that this scene is just like working on an wuxia film
Ronald Cheng only has one bad take with this medicine feeding scene
Wan Kwong has to hold back his laughter on the set
courtesy of on.cc

Ronald Cheng Chung Kei and Mark Wu Yiu Fai in the new film UNDERCOVER DUET (MAN LUNG DUT GWING) used every trick in the book for laughs. In one scene, Ronald had to feed medicine to Wu Yiu Fai by spitting it directing into his mouth. Ronald joked that this scene was just like a wuxia film. "In wuxia films often a friend would be poisoned and faint, then you had to chew up the medicine to feed it to him. This scene is just like that!"

Ronald said that the most difficult part of this scene was how precise he had to be with the spitting, otherwise a bad take would be very troublesome. Ronald said, "Before the shoot I was pretty anxious. (Did you ask your wife to help with the spot?) No, instead I used a paper cup to practice. I was afraid that I would miss, then I would have to do it again. However, during rehearsal I nailed it every time, but during the actual shoot I had to shoot it twice. With the second time I couldn't miss because before I had a big pile of lines to deliver. I couldn't have another bad take. I was afraid that Wan Kwong couldn't hold back his laughter, so I had to nail it in one shot."

Wu Yiu Fai praised Ronald's oral skills afterward. Working with him for the first time, he felt that he was a great actor. Their collaboration was rather pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment