Saturday, October 4, 2014

[2014.10.5] DANEIL LAM CALLS STEPHEN CHOW SELFISH

courtesy of on.cc
Daneil Lam credits his success and blames his failures on women
Daneil Lam and Stephen Chow were fighting even before SHAOLIN SOCCER's release
Daneil Lam was surprised to receive Elanne Kong's legal letters
Daneil Lam says that Rain Li's contract dissolution was over money.  She even fully compensated the company at the time.
courtesy of mingpao.com

Universe film boss Daneil Lam Siu Ming earlier appeared on a Commercial Radio program and talked about his divorce, the contract dispute with Elanne Kong Yeuk Lam and the trouble with Stephen Chow Sing Chi. Lam Siu Ming invested in the film SHAOLIN SOCCER (SIU LUM JOOK KAU) but later he and Chow Sing Chi went to court. Lam Siu Ming said, "Actually before the film release we already had friction, first he refused to hand over the film without any reason. At the time we argued until the next day; later because the film copyright problems we had another dispute. He is very self centered. When he privately released computer games and comic books, he didn't notify us first. So we ended up in court. I was the angriest about never being notified, he doesn't even understand the most basic respect! I don't need him to know that I did him a favor. He is already so famous, but at least he should know how to respect other people! I am sorry that I don't have the talent to communicate with him, and I don't have the talent to be his friend. We can only see each other in court."

SHAOLIN SOCCER won six Hong Kong Film Awards, Lam Siu Ming said that he never touched any of them but he did not feel any regret. He joked, "If he likes he can hog all the awards!" Has he peacefully sat down with Chow Sing Chi to discuss this? He shook his head and said, "At the time when his company wanted to go public, he took the initiative to meet with us. That's why I said this person is selfish! He would only think of talking with you when he wanted to go public, after that he ignored everything."

Speaking of his divorce with his former wife Chiu Suet Ying, he said that it was due to incompatible personalities and had nothing to do with the rumored third party Elanne Kong Yeuk Lam. He said, "Our marriage truly didn't have any third party. At the time Kong Yeuk Lam was really innocent! I felt bad for her. She was an artist under my banner, so I had the responsibility to protect her. That's why I came out and clarified. I have never had any romantic interest in any of my artists. Work partners are work partners, girlfriends are girlfriends, I keep them separate very clearly."

Lam Siu Ming was accused of forcing his artist Rain Li Choi Wa into an indecent proposal. He said, "At first Li Choi Wa terminated her contract mainly because of money. When the contract ended in 2008, we didn't have any unpleasantness. She compensated the company fully for the contract dissolution and I absolutely had no opinion. Yet later I don't know why the company was accused for forcing her into indecent proposals, this incident truly was nonsense. Does this world still have forcing people into prostitution? Why she had to 'set me up' I really don't understand, and I indeed was very upset over it!" He helplessly said, "My life is 'success is due to women, failure is also due to women'!"

As for Kong Yeuk Lam, in April she suddenly announced that her contract with Lam Siu Ming has ended and even pointed out that the company never paid her. Lam Siu Ming directly called Kong Yeuk Lam a traitor. He said, "The company signed her to a ten year plus five year fix term contract. This year is the tenth year and the decision to renew or not lies with us. If her contract ended this year, why would the company spend so much money on her concerts, her film LOVE LIFTING (GO GUI OI) or her Mainland series a few years ago? In April I suddenly received her legal letter to refuse contract renewal, I was surprised! We have to respect the spirit of the contract, the right to renew lies with the company and not with the artist." Kong Yeuk Lam said that the ten year contract was the same as working for free. He pointed out that was nonsense. Her car, home and monthly allowance came from where? How could she say she had no income? If her expenses were greater than her income, then of course it had to be taken from her salary."

No comments:

Post a Comment