Thursday, September 4, 2014

[2014.09.05] ANJAYLIA CHAN AND EVELYN CHOI RUN AWAY AND LIE

Anjaylia Chan and Evelyn Choi play bridesmaid and runaway bride
James Hung thinks award is less than the audience being able to relate
courtesy of on.cc

Director James Hung Ling Ching and actresses Anjaylia Chan Ka Bo and Evelyn Choi Wing Yan are all relatively new in the Hong Kong film industry. Three stars of tomorrow recently worked together on the film THE SEVENTH LIE (DAI CHUT FONG YIN), James' first film as a director. Evelyn and Anjaylia played a runaway bridge and a bridesmaid in the film. This new team not only set off sparks but also won SEVENTH awards at overseas film festivals!

Chan Ka Bo, Choi Wing Yan and director Hung Ling Ching earlier spoke to the press. Anjaylia and Evelyn said that they were leads in the same segment of the film THE SEVENTH LIE. Anjaylia said, "My character was the bridesmaid. In the process I worked very hard in bringing back the bride Evelyn. On the surface I claimed it was for the bride's happiness, but actually I had other reasons deep inside."

Evelyn was also very curious about her character. "I played the runaway bride, the character had a lot of potential. As I worked I kept thinking why she wanted to run. Our segment was the only one with a happy ending." Director James was very pleased with their performance. "I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought they were two young idols. After becoming more familiar I discovered their interesting special qualities. Evelyn dares to love and hate so she has a lot of explosiveness. Anjaylia has a presence that is infectious and a lot of tension."

Anjaylia and Evelyn aside from film have also tried television series and singing. Did they plan to focus on the film industry? Their answers were different. Anjaylia said, "I would act when I can, television series can easily introduce me to the audience, but film would give me a second type of feeling." Sh also admitted that she wanted to work in both. Evelyn wanted to concentrate on film. "I have learned a lot during the film production process. I can become someone who helps Hong Kong film. I feel very proud." As for the film's numerous overseas film festival awards, they said that awards were immaterial, the most important was for the audience to relate to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment