Wednesday, July 9, 2014

[2014.07.10] ANNIE LIU NAMED NEW GENERATION GHOST QUEEN

HUNGRY GHOST RITUALS performs well at the advanced screenings
Annie Liu worries before the shoot that her kiss scene would be not natural enough
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Nick Cheung Ka Fai directing debut HUNGRY GHOST RITAULS (YU LAN SUN GUNG) had advanced screenings last week and decent response, making almost HK$ 1.5 million in two days. The film officially opens today, but recently the MTR corporation brutally criticized posters of Annie Liu (Lau Sum Yau)'s rotting face and a headless paper doll for possibly upsetting passengers, leaving the film company helpless.

In order for the audience to experience the film's horror atmosphere, the film company Sundream designed a MTR poster with a rotting faced Sum Yau and a frightened Ka Fai. In the background was a pair of headless paper dolls. Yet the MTR requested a clean version of the poster without the paper dolls and Sum Yau's rotting face to keep from scaring riders. Otherwise it would not appear at MTR stations. Although the film company could only helplessly accept the clean version, MTR said that if the clean version still receives complaints, MTR would still remove it.

Viewers of the advanced screening described Sum Yau as the new generation ghost queen. Her possession scene performance was chilling. In particular in one scene she kissed Ka Fai, first she put people under her spell than she scared them. Sum Yau said that this scene was not easy to play. She joked, "Because I have to seduce Ka Fai and I have never played this type of scenes, I really had to put in an effort. I was afraid that my performance wouldn't be natural enough. Luckily Ka Fai in the end fell under my spell! Haha!" Ka Fai said that this kiss scene was not deliberate. He said, "Because Sum Yau after being possessed had to behave unusually to seduce me. Even I was caught off guard under her spell. It's just that. With Sum Yau Goddess, I don't dare to mess around. I too am afraid that her online friends would attack me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment