Sunday, July 6, 2014

[2014.07.07] BREAK UP NOTES: LAWRENCE CHENG STARTS WITH HEADPHONES


DAY 1, AFTERNOON, AT THE MAIN CHARACTER'S HOME

Returning to directing after 20 years, finally the production start ceremony day has arrived. When I presented incense I thought, a strange idea that has been buried inside for ten years, because of persistence, because of belief, finally got to go into production after waiting for someone to relate to it to invest! I am grateful. When I shot my first scene, I asked the sound technician, "Why can't I hear the dialogue?" The technician told me, "Brother Tan, because you haven't put on your headphone yet!" I would have never imagined that my first challenge of directing again started with learning to put on the headphone.

Known for his performance in THE YUPPIE FANTASIA (SIU NAM YUN JAU GEI), Lawrence Cheng Tan Shui can write and direct. In particular due to his ability to relate to the little guy, he receives likes from many modern men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment