Thursday, April 17, 2014

[2014.04.18] DANTE LAM ISOLATES HIMSELF

Dante Lam attends the Golden Horse Fantastic Film Festival
courtesy of on.cc

The Director Dante Lam Chiu Yin directed UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) made over HK$44 million at the box office. He immediately changed his taste when he made the Emperor Motion Picture THAT DEMON WITHIN. Turning from passion to depression, Director Lam admitted that he cast Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) due to a connection. "When he started in 1999 we actually worked together once. Together again this time everyone got more mature. I wanted to put more on him." Nick Cheung Ka Fai was willing to play "support", when asked he could not help but ask, "Why do you want me?" Actually Director Lam saw how damaging Ka Fai's eyes could be. "He doesn't have to kill to put the fear into people. So I told him 'only you could.'"

Aside from finding a psychiatrist to help bring Daniel into his character, Director Lam also gave a lot. "One day I suddenly rented an apartment near the office and kept thinking about the story day and night. I felt like I was making a ghost film. My family was worried that I went missing."

In addition, THAT DEMON WITHIN was the Taiwan Golden Horse Fantastic Film Festival closing film. Director Lam yesterday appeared in Taiwan and felt deeply honored that his film could bring the film festival to its end. After the screening he even shared his production experience with the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment