Friday, April 11, 2014

[2014.04.12] NICK CHEUNG: REBELLIOUS ACTOR WOULD CHANGE HIS ACTING

When speaking of the Best Actor nominees, Nick Cheung says that every one is a buddy and every one is a good actor
If he wins Best Actor again, Nick Cheung will adjust his acting
Nick Cheung's muscular look was very popular
THE WHITE STORM
courtesy of on.cc

The 33rd Hong Kong Film Award is on the way, this year's Best Actor award has been considered a race between Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Nick Cheung Ka Fai outside. With the potential to win Best Actor again, Cheung Ka Fai treats it normally and states that if he wins, he will make new contributions to his new film to thank viewers for their "sincere support" over the years!

This year's five Best Actor nominees each have their own specialty, Wai Jai has won Best Actor at five Hong Kong Film Awards while Ka Fai years ago with THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN) won 7 awards to become the "strongest in history". As for Louis Koo Tin Lok his performance this time has been called "seed exploding", and the acting of both Anthony Wong Chau Sun and Sean Lau Ching Wan is beyond any doubt. With the Dante Lam Chiu Yin directed UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN), Ka Fai was nominated again. He admitted that he treated victory or defeat, gains or losses normally. "I have been rather lucky, in the past I have plenty of experience in this area (nomination). I have won and I have lost as well, so I have learned to relax and not think about it. Treat it normally, I am uniform inside and out."

Speaking of his four opponents, Ka Fai said, "I am not being fictitious, every one is a good friend. (Who would you pick?) I really don't know, honestly every award's standards are different, all the nominees are great. Not only those on screen, those off screen have always kept emitting positive energy for the Hong Kong Film Award. Our offspring and I are all beneficiaries, all are worth commending." When asked if Ka Fai wins Best Actor again, how would he reward himself? He said without hesitation, "I don't need to, but I would make major adjustment to my acting and reorganize myself. There is no reason to keep giving the same thing to the audience. I am a rebellious actor, and dare to take risks in my performance. Lam Chiu Yin is the most certain about me in this area. What I do is always drastically different from his demand, but he still accepts it. Thus our collaborations have been very pleasant."

As for Koo Tin Lok's Best Actor nomination with THE WHITE STORM, lately daring to make different attempts he opened the eyes of many with his performance in the film. Described as with a chance to make a "break through of zero", Goo Jai humbly said, "I am already very happy with the nomination, whether I win or not really not something that I can control. So I treat it normally." Among the competition he personally admired Lau Ching Wan. He joked, "We made the same movie, of course I pick him." Goo Jai has already confirmed that he will attend the Hong Kong Film Award and show his support.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai this time is nominated with THE GRANDMASTER (YUT DOI JUNG SI), despite the preparation for the production took five long years and while practicing Wing Chun he broke his arm. His contribution truly affected many and his acting is also beyond any doubt. As Carina Lau Ka Ling once publicly said, "I believe few would say Leung Chiu Wai's acting is poor." If Wai Jai finally wins, conceivably it will not be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment