Sunday, April 6, 2014

[2014.04.07] NICK CHEUNG ASKS FOR A RAISE

Dante Lam, Dominic Lam, Nick Cheung, Christie Chen, Daniel Wu
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Daniel Wu hopes to work with Nick Cheung again
Nick Cheung shakes hand with neighborhood people
courtesy of mingpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai yesterday promoted his new film THAT DEMON WITHIN (MOR GAING) and was very popular. After his interview he went to shake hands with the neighbors and was very friendly.

Cheung Ka Fai on the stage took the chance to say to director Dante Lam Chiu Yin, if the film will be a box office hit he would like "more money" the most. Was he cheap labor this time? Cheung Ka Fai joked, "No! It's just a dialogue that goes with the flow, add when I can add. If the box office will perform well, I would be the happiest about that." Last time he worked with Lam Chiu Yin, UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) made HK$40 million. Would he feel a lot of box office pressure this time? Cheung Ka Fai said, "Several earlier films all performed decently, but I can't say I have become a box office guarantee. I am not that lucky every time, but I hope to be a little greedy one more time." Was he able to leave the character? Cheung Ka Fai said, "It wasn't really about any demon or not, the whole thing was pretty enjoyable."

As for working with Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Cheung Ka Fai said, "Why don't everyone ask him, I don't know yet. Of course I want it to happen, I admire Wai Jai as an actor very much. We are good friends too, of course I hope to work together."

Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) is working on a war film in Canada. He took 10 days off to promote in Hong Kong. He said, "This time I have too few scenes with Cheung Ka Fai, it wasn't enough. I hope to be able to work together again. I have to work in Canada until June. During the shoot I miss my daughter every minute. Although she is just 10 months old, she is already learning to walk. I really want to witness this moment, so I ask my wife to shoot it on video."

No comments:

Post a Comment