Sunday, April 6, 2014

[2014.04.07] CARINA LAU SHINES FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS COMPETITION


courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Carina Lau
Anthony Chan and Max Zhang compete for Best Supporting Actor
Kara Wai is very confident
Law Lan's black dress makes the jewelry stand out more
Angel Chiang
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 33rd Hong Kong Film Awards will take place Sunday. Best Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress and New Actor nominees earlier worked on a program photo shoot. For the 4th year in a row famous Swiss jewelry and watch brand Piaget would sponsor the event and provide nominees with many styles of jewelry and watches that will make them shine.

Winning Best Actress earlier with YOUNG DETECTIVE DEE AND RISE OF THE SEA DRAGON, Carina Lau Ka Ling this time would compete for Best Supporting Actress. She said that now her film production mentality is not for winning an award, so she would not lose confidence from not getting one. "I am very certain about what my position is, no matter what position I get to I would still work hard on my acting."

Almost 80 year old ago and still nominated for Best Supporting Actress, Helena Law Lan said that at first she got into the business to make a living. She never thought that she could perform until she was almost 80. "As long as I have my memory and I am mobile, I hope to perform until age 90." Kara Wai Ying Hung with RIGOR MORTIS (GEUNG SI) would compete for Best Supporting Actress. She admitted that she liked the feeling with competing with others. "Each time I am nominated I am full of confidence. I hope I will be able to win another award. Acting is my interest as well as a part of my genes."

Max Zhang Jin with THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) was nominated for Best Supporting Actor and felt very honored. "When I get recognition for what I have given, I am not just happy but truly moved!" After almost 20 years away from the film industry, Anthony Chan Yau said that Hong Kong film has no difference in thinking and creating then and now. However the productions now are more detailed than before. For Best New Actor nominee Babyjohn Choi Hong Yik the memorable part of THE WAY WE DANCE (KONG MO PAI) was the kiss scene with Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling. "Everyone's hearts beat faster and were nervous."

No comments:

Post a Comment