Thursday, April 3, 2014

[2014.04.04] NICK CHEUNG HAS TO BURY HIS CONSCIENCE


Nick Cheung and Liu Kai Chi
Dante Lam's films have always been male oriented
courtesy of on.cc

Best Actor Nick Cheung Ka Fai after the films THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN) and UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) again worked with Dante Lam Chiu Yin on the Emperor Motion Picture THAT DEMON WITHIN (MOR GAING). Ka Fai played a ruthless and merciless villain as his acting again saw a break through. He admitted that it was the first time he played such a cold blooded character. "I have never played such a thoroughly evil negative character in film. This character show no mercy and has no conscience. It's truly very hard to play because in reality I have too much conscience! This time viewers can see a very fresh Cheung Ka Fai."

Was the character hard for Ka Fai to leave? He said, "During the shoot of course I have to be in it, emotionally of course the character would affect me. In everyday life I would study it further, like when I was driving, meeting with friends, I would think if I was the character Hon Kong what would I do?" Why did Lam Chiu Yin ask Ka Fai to perform? He joked, "This time I want him for his demon side. After knowing him for such a long time I know that his potential demon is very strong, so this time I want him to go with it. It would be impossible for him not to achieve the demon nature the character required."

Lam Chiu Yin's films have always been male oriented. From THE BEAST STALKER, UNBEATABLE to THAT DEMON WITHIN they were all more masculine than feminine. Ka Fai joked, "I really want to have them! It's like starving for muscles. Earlier I worked with Poyd (Thai transsexual) on a film, I starved for too long and my arms and legs were weak. That way at least I had a little sustenance, like a IV line. (Next time would you ask for actress addition?) I can't, it would affect Lam Chiu Yin's style and intention, his creativity. The problem would become very serious, more serious than the film lacking actresses." Lam Chiu Yin joked that child star Crystal Lee in UNBEATABLE had an important role, which was considered breaking through zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment