Wednesday, April 2, 2014

[2014.04.03] JOSIE CHIU WATCHES CHAPMAN TO "SUFFER"

courtesy of singtao.com

Josie Ho Chiu Yi in the 2003 film NAKED AMBITION (HO CHING) played an oral queen "Chiu Long Long", which won her the Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress. 10 years later in NAKED AMBITION 3D (3D HO CHING), Chiu Yi gained weight to play the crazy "Shodaiko Hatoyama" who led Chapman To Man Chak to success in the Japanese adult video world. Yet this time she did not have any expectation for an award. She only hoped that each performance could bring viewers a refreshing experience.

Her new film NAKED AMBITION 3D used many real Japanese adult video actresses. Lead actor To Man Chak got lucky in the film, to the envy of many. Yet he said that only he knew the pain. Also, lead actress Chiu Yi in order to play the down on her luck character even more convincingly gained 15 pounds. "The director never asked me to gain weight. I was the one who felt that the character should be like this. According to the character's experience, if she was too in shape she would not be convincing. So I decided to gain weight for the performance. In addition a little fat looks cuter."

Ironically while Chiu Yi gained weight, Ah Jat had to lose weight and get into shape. Finally during the shoot, Chiu Yi had 5 meals a day while Ah Jat had egg white and steamed chicken! Chiu Yi said, "Seeing how Ah Jat Was, I felt sorry for him." Only that Chiu Yi was a trimming company spokesperson, after she was done with the film she had to lose weight when she returned to Hong Kong. She still confidently said, "I of course can lose the weight that I gained, but next time I wouldn't do this again. At my age, large fluctuation in weight isn't good, haha."

NAKED AMBITION 3D (3D HO CHING)'s subject was adult video. Women surrounded Ah Jat but Chiu Yi had no actor service. "I played Ah Jat's manager, but I was silly and dumb. Often I did bad with good intention, so I wasn't as lucky as Ah Jat. Yet sometimes on the set I saw the actresses crushing him with their chests, it's actually pretty funny. In addition the Japanese actresses truly were very professional, when they acted they acted. They were very generous, unlike Hong Kong people who just tried to cover up."

In 2003 NAKED AMBITION brought Chiu Yi the Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress. This time she did not have too much expectation. "Other people give the award, it's beyond my control. If my character is well known, even after many years everyone would still remember it, then it comforts me more than winning an award." She also said that she has always been studying acting and with different teacher. She even discussed different acting methods on the spot. "Acting sometimes requires an injection of similar emotions from reality. For example in a heart break scene, you would think about what hurts you the most and recall the emotions. Then you can easily get into your character......."

"Or perhaps using the opposite method acting, like lately I am working on a TVB series and have to play a crippled character. Really by coincidence I happened to injure my leg. Then I brought the character into real life and lived with 'her' personality. Thus sometimes I would talk to myself at home or maybe be silence and become a different person. Because I often use this method, my family saw me suddenly change into another people and wouldn't be surprised. This is the best part of being an actor."

No comments:

Post a Comment