Friday, December 20, 2013

[2013.12.21] AARON KWOK AND MIRIAM YEUNG WIN AWARDS IN BEIJING

courtesy of singtao.com
Aaron Kwok is happy to win Best Actor with COLD WAR
Miriam Yeung wins Best Actress with LOVE IN THE BUFF
Aaron Kwok gives Miriam Yeung a hand
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 4th LeTV Film and Telvision Award took place two nights ago in Beijing. Aaron Kwok Fu Sing with the film COLD WAR (HONG JIN) won Best Actor and the "Star Month Role Model of the Year Award". COLD WAR was the award's big winner as it also won Best Picture and Best Director. Best Actress went to LOVE IN THE BUFF (CHUN GIU YU JI MING)'s Miriam Yeung Chin Wa.

Sing Sing said that receiving an award was joyous and encouraging. Many praised his COLD WAR performance, which had no luck with awards. This time he won with a high vote count and his acting was recognized, which made him very excited. The event honored Sing Sing's professionalism and passion for film and his search for breakthrough with a "Star Mouth Role Model of the Year" award. Sing Sing said, "After 25 years, starting when I was a dancer I have always persist with hard work to improve myself. My father is my role model, from him I learned that professionalism comes first at work."

Yeung Chin Wa with LOVE IN THE BUFF became the Best Actress. She said, "I am very happy to see Hong Kong film gaining more attention in the Mainland market. Sing Sing and I appreciate each other. Hopefully in the future we will have a chance to work together on a film."

Award winners included Wen Zhang, Nicky Wu (Ng Kei Lung), Wu Chen and Anita Yuen Wing Yi. Yuen Wing Yi received the "Hong Kong and Taiwan Best Television Series Best Actress of the Year". She was asked if she comforted her husband Julian Cheung Chi Lam about his TVB Best Actor defeat. She said, "Hubby doesn't need to be comforted, he is happy to win any award." As for online criticism that her thanks to TVB was because she was a sore loser, Yuen Wing Yi said, "You shouldn't always think negatively. Artists have a lot of stress from work, this is fun for me and my husband. I only want to share how far I can take a joke with my husband, I never expect that outside response."

No comments:

Post a Comment