Friday, November 15, 2013

[2013.11.16] STEPHEN SHIU CLAIMS CARINA LAU REMEMBERS THE WRONG FILM TITLE

courtesy of on.cc

Two nights ago TELLING MARIA 2 aired the interview with Carina Lau Ka Ling. She revealed that she was kidnapped mainly because she refused to make the film LONG ARM OF THE LAW (SAN GONG KEI BING). However she still had to thank her kidnappers for not violating her. LONG ARM OF THE LAW producer Stephen Shiu Yeuk Yuen yesterday mentioned this incident on facebook. He said that Lau Ka Ling remembered the film title incorrectly. Shiu Yeuk Yuen said, "Lau Ka Ling said that she was kidnapped because she refused to make a movie called LONG ARM OF THE LAW. My response is this: this of course is Ka Ling remembering incorrectly, which turned into LONG ARM OF THE LAW. Actually I know what the film's title was......speaking of LONG ARM OF TH LAW, the first one was made in 1984, the second one in 1986, the third in 1988, and the final one in 1989, called LONG ARM OF THE LAW 4 UNDERGROUND EXPRESS. No more was made after that. Her incident happened in 1990, so very obviously she remembered it wrong. In addition at the time the boss behind me and Mak Tong Hung was Golden Harvest. Golden Harvest domestic production boss was Chow Ting Au. He and Lau Ka Ling are very good friends. In addition we all know who was behind the incident."

As Faye Wong's good friend, Lau Ka Ling also revealed that Faye Wong was not as cool as the outside thought. "Actually Faye Wong is very childlike, very innocent. When she sings karaoke she would sing from the beginning to the end, she would sing many, many songs and say a lot. However she would only do that in a very safe environment. I would occasionally sing with her. She would even sing harmony for me. I am very lucky to see Faye's other side."

She also revealed that she helped her friend Anna Ueyama and "beg" Maggie Cheung Man Yuk to buy insurance. Anna Ueyama personally recalled when she first began her insurance career, Ka Ling actually persuaded an artist friend to buy insurance from her. Then Ka Ling revealed that this friend was Cheung Man Yuk. "Maggie asked me why I put in such an effort, I said I bought it and you should too! She said that you beg me! If you beg me I would buy it right away, I said fine, I am begging you."

No comments:

Post a Comment