Monday, April 23, 2012

[2012.04.24] ROGER LEE BRINGS A SIMPLE LIFE BACK TO SCHOOL

courtesy of singtao.com

The film A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH) won countless major awards internationally.  Producer Roger Lee Yan Lam earlier brought the film to his alma mater and shared his film production experience along with fellow alumni Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho).  Roger said that he was the happiest to be able to see his past film teachers again and even received their praise of  his work.

Roger said that Ng Yin Cho brought his OVERHEARD 2 (SIT TING FUNG WON 2) to the forum.  Roger said, "Because the university has many Mainland students, as soon as Ng Yin Cho appeared he became the focus right away.  The entire venue roared with thunderous applause, it was very cheerful!"  After the forum, Roger dined with Ng Yin Cho.  He said that even though they did not attend the school at the same time, they were still very happy to talk about their school days!

What was the happiest moment of this trip?  Roger said, "I was the happiest to see my film teacher.  He is 78 this year and retired, but he came to enjoy my work.  We talked about back when I was in school.  The teacher also praised me and said that A SIMPLE LIFE was well made, had a shade of Yasujiro Ozu.  I also admitted that Yasujiro Ozu was my role model, as I used to watch his films all the time.  The style might be a little similar but I wasn't as amazing as he was."

No comments:

Post a Comment