Thursday, March 22, 2012

[2012.03.23] NICK CHEUNG IS WILLING TO TAKE PAY CUT FOR HORROR FILM


courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The recently released new film NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO) after seven days in release reached 8.99 million at the box office.  Two nights ago the cast including Nick Cheung Ka Fai, Simon Yam Tat Wa, Janice Man Wing Shan and Candice Yu On On went to an Admiralty cinema for viewer appreciation.  After that they celebrated at a restaurant.  Kay Tse On Kay due to work was unable to attend.  At the celebration they opened bottles of champagne and cut cakes.  The workers even brought out an iPad for a video chat with Tse On Kay.

Ka Fai admitted that he was deeply pleased with the box office success.  He said that in his career this was the performance that exceeded himself, thus he was very excited.  He said, "The Monday and Tuesday box office were over 900,000.  The weekend's was over 2 million.  Unfortunately when the results came out I wasn't in Hong Kong.  I couldn't share it with people around me as I was afraid that people thought I was arrogant.  However I was very happy inside.  Sometimes in the hotel room I would suddenly laugh!"  As for the possibility of a sequel, Brother Wa even said that he could lose weight for the shoot.  Ka Fai said, "It's very tough, if he is willing then go on.  The weight loss for this film was very harmful to the body, the process wasn't easy either!"  He said that he was not a fit person and never weight trained.  After the shoot he relaxed and ate normally.  The recovery normally would require seven month.  If he had to do it again he truly had to carefully consider it.  He joked, "I have to have a chat with liver and lungs!"  Ka Fai admitted that next time he worked on a drama, he would like it to be a horror film that did not have to keep the Mainland market in mind.  Ka Fai said, "I don't want to make a comedy.  Initially I have talked with (Oxide) Pang Shun.  He has this idea too, but very few bosses would make pure domestic film.  So we have to have a long range plan!"  As for whether he was willing to take a pay cut, he said that if all would go well he would not mind.  He could try to take a little less.

Yam Tat Wa earlier worked with Korean star Gianna Jun Ji-Hyun on a film.  Brother Wa said that Jun Ji-Hyun's favorite was Macau's almost cake.  Today after going to Taiwan he will promote the film in Korea, he will give her almond cakes for her wedding present.  As for the wedding, he said, "I can't go because of work.  Lately I have been busy working with (Sandra) Ng Kwan Yu in Taiwan on the film FA YEUNG (RIPPLE).  The weather was cold and with a fever I still had to work.  I also had a thousand arrow scene so it was very tough!"  Brother Wa spent his birthday in Hong Kong, his daughter gave her a birthday card and a little cake.  In addition, he honestly said that he has not seen NIGHTFALL but has seen A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH).  He said, "Sister Deanie performed very well.  This time was win win for both films.  I wish for Hong Kong film to return to life.  Since I was born in Hong Kong I hope it would make even more quality films!"

No comments:

Post a Comment