Thursday, March 22, 2012

[2012.03.22] ANN HUI CONSIDERS A SIMPLE LIFE PREQUEL

courtesy of on.cc


Carina Lau runs into Deanie Ip on the streets and asks for a photo together
courtesy of mingpao.com

Stephen Fung Tak Lun, Ann Hui On Wa and A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH) producer Roger Lee Yan Lam two nights ago attended an event.  Hui On Wa and Lee Yan Lam were beyond pleased with A SIMPLE LIFE's performance.  Ann pointed out that A SIMPLE LIFE was her highest grossing movie in history.  "This time I broke my personal record, for which I am already very satisfied."  Speaking of the many removed scenes from A SIMPLE LIFE, she said that the extended version was needed for the cinemas but the scenes could be in the DVD depending on the company's decision.  "As for the prequel, if someone will write the script then maybe.  However I haven't seriously considered it."  Lee Yan Kong brought his book with him.  He said that he wrote the new book for the story of Sister Peach to be more complete.  He hoped that the film will succeed again at the Hong Kong Film Awards next month.

Fung Tak Lun next month will produced a Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) starred new film and work with Derek Yee Tung Sing on a racing film.  Will he ask old flame Karen Mok Man Wai to star?  he said that the director will make the casting decisions.  "I won't make actor decisions just because I am the producer.  If I direct, I will approach her if the characters are right.  Karen and I are still in contact, we just had dinner a few weeks ago.  I didn't see her husband though."

No comments:

Post a Comment