Monday, August 1, 2011

[2011.08.02] MAN OF STEEL NICK CHEUNG ALMOST FAINTS ON OPENING DAY

The director gives Nick Cheung the tough scenes first

Nick Cheung gets his first bite of rice

Nick Cheung works out during his breaks

courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of takungpao.com

Spending half a year to drop to 117 pounds of steel, Nick Cheung Ka Fai earlier joined the new film production NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO). Because on the first day he already had a major fight scene, Ka Fai in order to replenish his physical needs not only prepared healthy beverages but also had his first mouthful of rice. Then he worked for ten hours straight to complete a series of action sequences and fully demonstrated his steel might.

Joking about having forgotten when he had rice last, Ka Fai thought that mouthful of white rice was very fragrant. In addition after half a year of hellish training, he for the official production no matter what had to have some rice to cheer himself on. Although as soon as he started work he already had a series of fight scenes and also had to ram his head into a stone wall, Ka Fai cooperated fully. During the shoot, he got dizzy several times and had to rest before continuing on. Ka Fai said, "I told himself, no matter what I had to be a butterfly once. Since I made the decision, I had to work and give. During the entire process a nutritionist calculated my diet so I didn't have to worry about my health. However many friends saw how thin, tan and dry I was they were worried for me and thought I was seriously ill. However they didn't dare to ask. Now everyone finally knew what was going on."

Because he quit eating starch and carbohydrates, Ka Fai could easily falter. During action scenes he took breaks to catch his breath. He said, "The director truly grasped the opportunity. As soon as the cameras rolled he asked me to keep ramming my head into a stone wall. Luckily I had enough sleep, otherwise I really would have fainted. Actually all the major scenes had to be shot sooner or later, of course they should be shot when I am in my best condition. The hellish training was for today's scene!" In order to stay in shape, Ka Fai did not relax at all as he carried light work out gear with him. During the shoot he would exercise during his break with push ups and sit ups to stay at his best.

As soon as the production started Ka Fai had to fight for his life. Director Roy Chow Hin Yeung admitted that he was trying to kill Ka Fai. He said, "He trained so hard for the Bruce Lee physique, of course I have to properly utilize it. Ka Fai's determination was easier said than done. The sweet comes after the bitter, I shot the major scenes first because I wanted Ka Fai to relax sooner and have an easier time with the later shoot. I am truly lucky to have this group of professional actors' eager performance and support."

No comments:

Post a Comment