Sunday, November 1, 2009

[2009.11.01] WAI YING HUNG GOES WITHOUT MAKE UP

Wai Ying Hung, Tsui Tin Yau

Wylie Chiu Shek Chi, Carolyn Chan Chor Kiu
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Hong Kong Asian Film Festival took place between October 15 and 30. Two nights ago the closing films AT THE END OF DAYBREAK (SUM MOR) and SEVEN 2 ONE (GUAN YUN 7 SI) were screened at Central. Actors and director including Wai Ying Hung, Tsui Tin Yau, Wylie Chiu Shek Chi, Carolyn Chan Chor Kiu and Danny Pang Fat attended two nights ago.

Wai Ying Hung is competing at the TVB anniversary award and the Taiwan Golden Horse Award for Best Supporting Actress. Siu Hung honestly said that she has received numerous Golden Horse nominations, and her confidence was only half and half. She expressed, "Awards depend on timing, location and people!" As for her Golden Horse gown, she said that she made the preparation awhile back. "I already chose a few, with conservative, a little sexy and big sexy. How can wash boards like me bare their backs, I hope the one I will wear won't disappoint everyone!" She revealed that in AT her character had no make up or hairstyle. It was brutal. Siu Hung joked, "My character is a drunk so I have to make some sacrifices! Although I am uglier it's good if it helps the movie!" As for whether she will make more movies, she said, "That depends on destiny. I will if I will get good scripts. If not I won't abuse myself because good scripts are hard to come by!"

1 comment: