Thursday, September 17, 2009

[2009.09.18] ELANNE KONG DANGEROUS DRIVES WITHOUT A LICENSE

Elanne Kong Yeuk Lam and Shawn Yue Man Lok

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

Shawn Yue Man Lok and Elanne Kong Yeuk Lam yesterday attended the REBELLION (TUNG MOON) promotion. Elanne in the film had to wear a high cut Chinese dress and play a couple with Lok Jai. She said that she and Lok Jai have worked together many times already but every time they had no intimate scene. In reality she and Lok Jai also could not set off any romantic spark. She joked, "I have the same birthday as his sister. Lok Jai only sees me as his sister so I have no hope!" The movie involved the mob. Elanne said that during the shoot real and fake mobsters were mixed together. She said, "During the shoot the mob came to start trouble. Lok Jai immediately told me and (Ella) Koon Yun Na to hide in the vehicle. The real mobsters actually don't wear black, but glasses and a very mild mannered bag." Elanne said that the mob parked a mini bus at the location to hinder the production. She said, "The extras who played mobsters in the film originally looked strong, but off screen they scattered!"

Elanne joked that she had to shoot a death scene in every movie. Once her character had cancer, this time she had a car accident. She said, "I don't know how to drive. In the film I drove a jeep with Yue Man Lok and had to trade leads with (Chapman) To Man Jat. It was very dangerous. In one car crash scene I almost got glass in my eye." Elanne did not have a license so during the shoot the car was being towed. The shoot needed a permit for that before. She said, "I thought girls look cool driving, but I have zero sense of direction. Ma doesn't agree with me getting a license, every time we talk about it we argue."

Lok Jai in the film played a gutless wise guy. He said that the hardest part of the shoot was drinking everyday. Lok Jai even brought his own whiskey for the shoot. He said, "In every scene I had to stay drunk. Sometimes I had to drink in daylight, early morning to keep the drunk look. I had a headache everyday and wasn't that great at remembering my lines. I drank 8 to 10 bottles during the entire shoot." Why did he not play drunk? He said, "I asked to drink, no matter what I had to drink a little for the feeling." In reality, Lok Jai revealed that he got drunk easily. "After the shoot I immediately went to the vehicle. I never had to stop in the middle. At most I threw up in my own bed." Did he try to make his feelings known through drinking? He said, "I have, after drinking I would be more daring. Before I speak though people already tell me 'Go home and sleep'. It's better to be a little more sober."

No comments:

Post a Comment