Wednesday, September 9, 2009

[2009.09.10] ACCIDENT PREMIERE

Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai), Louis Koo Tin Lok

Han Yuqin, Michelle Ye (Yip Shuen)

Johnnie To Kei Fung
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Louis Koo Tin Lok, Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai), Michelle Ye (Yip Shuen) and Han Yuqin two nights ago attended the ACCIDENT (YI OI) premiere. Director Soi Cheang (Cheung Bo Shui) and producer Johnnie To Kei Fung also attended. Koo Tin Lok expressed that he just attended the Venice Film Festival with the cast. The response was decently. He said that he was confident that the film will be able to garner glory for Hong Kong.

Goo Jai expressed that this film took 17 months to shoot, the longest in his career. Yet it was also his favorite because most Hong Kong film used knives and guns for killer scenes but this one did not. While making ACCIDENT he also worked on two or three films so he once confused the characters. He said, "That time I had a little personality split. Thus after each movie I would listen to pure music, I depended on each song to differentiate between each film's scene." Goo Jai also said that the most unforgettable the murder in the rain scene. During the shoot he and the crew were electrocuted from faulty electricity.

To Kei Fung pointed out that the Venice reviews were great, which was quite a surprise for him. He said, "I was very happy for the director for being able to attend an international film festival and already receiving everyone's recognition." Speaking of earlier Hong Kong entertainment news as Andy Lau Tak Wa, Miriam Yeung Chin Wa and Leon Lai Ming were discovered to be married, he expressed that he did not read about them. However he felt that as artists they should have more freedom to live their personal lives, freedom to choose how to express themselves. He said, "All the hounding and chasing are disrespectful to others. I feel they are all good actors, good singers. As long as they look forward, anything behind them can be forgiven. They have the freedom."

Yam Yin Chai earlier brought his girlfriend Tina to the Venice Film Festival. He said, "This was the first time I took her to Venice. I wanted her to experience my job a little and Venice is a very romantic place." Did he take the chance to propose to her? He said, "I didn't think of it, I get very nervous about this question." Siu Chai was asked about his wedding plan. He said, "I want to, but I want the wedding to be a little more romantic. I am afraid that I can't. I want to find an island, but I will take my time and think some more." He expressed that he may still wed in the U.S. Ultimately the U.S. is large. He also joked, "I can't think of anything, this matter is very complicated. Wait until later, I get a headache from just thinking about it." Did he take his girlfriend out? He said, "At first I wanted to take her to ride the gondola, but with a boat race there we couldn't. So we went shopping instead. I covered the six figure bill."

Yip Shuen wore a Dior sponsored evening gown and accessories. She said, "This dress I originally brought to Venice, but in the end I had too much clothes I didn't wear it." Speaking of foreign press praising her Oriental beauty and sexiness, she expressed thanks and perhaps Oriental beauty was more reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment