Monday, June 15, 2009

[2009.06.19] KUNG FU CYBORG IS THE ENVY OF MANY


Photos courtesy of on.cc

Photo courtesy of singtao.com

Photo courtesy of mingpao.com
Ronald Cheng Chung Kei, Alex Fong Lik Sun, Betty Sun Li, Hu Jun and director Jeff Lau Chun Wai yesterday attended the science fiction romance KUNG FU CYBORG (GEI HEI HUP) Shanghai Film Festival press conference. Most of the attention though went to the film's "Bruce Lee" robot!

This robot cannot speak, but can use body language to express his relationship with each actor's character. When asked about his relationship with Sun Li, the robot was very excited and made some exaggerated expression. Later Sun Li put a "metal ring" on the robot's finger, kissed the robot's left hand and said, "Please marry me!"

Siu Fong said, "The new film will premiere in Beijing, my family came from there. I will ask my grandfather and grandmother to go. If I have to invite all my relatives in Beijing, I think I have to find a 200 or 300 seat cinema."

Reportedly the film cost over US$10 million. Its special effects could rival TRANSFORMERS' visual effects. The film is expected to take in 200 million yuan.

No comments:

Post a Comment